Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Grave Digging - sorta...

I just read a blog from my good friend, Markus. In his blog I just learned that a childhood hero had died and I had heard nothing about this at all. I'm speaking of Mr. Wizard. Mr. Wizard was a television personality that taught us the wonders of science with visual experimentation. True magic in the eyes of an adolescent. I learned of the mysteries of static electricity. I learned that if you mix baking soda with vinegar, it will foam up like crazy! I also learned that if I put any alcohol based after shave on my private parts that it will burn like all of holy hell! Ok, maybe I learned that last one on my own - but none the less, a terrible loss for all of us.

With this information, I did a little research to find out who else we've recently lost. I was suprised! In this world of the news keeping us up to date on the goings on with Paris Hilton or the latest of Britney Spears' "white trash" moments, some great entertainers and thinkers have been totally ignored. ----- on this Paris Hilton thing: has there EVER been more press given to someone who has done absolutely nothing??!!?! OK - there was the reality show, but reality shows suck and people who watch them are mindless sheep! I know too many actors who need work!

Here are some of the talented people who have been forgotten in the press because they don't say things like "that's hot".....

Charles Nelson Reilly - Brilliant comedian, Broadway actor, and did countless television shows. Probably most remembered on the game show "Match Game".

Yvonne De Carlo - Actress. She was in the Ten Commandments, but was best known as Lily Munster in The Munsters. I was so hot for Mrs. Munster!!

Sidney Sheldon - gave us television classics like Hart to Hart and I Dream of Jeanie.

Frankie Laine - old crooner styled singer - sang the theme to "Rawhide".

Roscoe Browne - very classy, deep-voiced actor who appeared on The Cosby Show, Good Times, All In The Family, and countless other programs. Look him up - you will know him instantly. A real class act!

Zola Talyor - the female member of The Platters - enough said!

Kurt Vonnegut Jr - I had no idea !!! Writer. Wrote classics such as "The Slaughterhouse-Five" and "Cat's Cradle". I know neither of these works can compare to Paris Hilton's "Like Lindsey Lohan is Like Such a Bitch".

These are just a few of what I found. There were many decorated war heroes as well that will go unmentioned here. They deserve a blog all to themselves.

Such a shame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home